Saturday, December 27, 2008

LOVE by George Herbert


Love bade me welcome; yet my soul drew back,

Guilty of dust and sin.

But quick-ey'd Love, observing me grow slack

From my first entrance in,

Drew nearer to me, sweetly questioning,

If I lacked anything.


"A guest," I answer'd, "worthy to be here."

Love said, 'You shall be he.''

"I, the unkind, ungrateful? Ah, my dear,

I cannot look on Thee."

Love took my hand, and smiling did reply,

"Who made the eyes but I?''


"Truth, Lord, but I have marr'd them; let my shame

Go where it doth deserve.''

"And know you not," says Love, "who bore the blame?''

"My dear, then I will serve."

''You must sit down," says Love, "and taste My meat."

So I did sit and eat.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful Blog Father. Have you thought of including a sitemeter thing and a world map? You can see what searches people did to end up at your site etc. Kind of neat and interesting. Not sure what the urls are but you can see them on the right hand side if you scroll down quite a bit. http://www.journeytotherese.blogspot.com Merry Christmas and God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On our blog, I meant to say. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Father,

    So glad you posted on the occult because I have to warn you - Blogging is the anti-Christ. It will suck up your time, render you incapable of ordinary conversation with another human person (vs a non-human like, say for instance, a Zombie), and just generally ruin your life.

    I used to be a fairly normal nice Catholic lady (unless you ask Belinda), until blogging entered my life. Now I sit with glazed eyes in front of a computer screen, drool running from the corners of my mouth.

    Now that I have warned you, allow me to say that I'm totally jealous at the appearance of your blog. You must be one of those techie types because it is already gorgeous!

    As we say in A.A. - keep coming back - it works, if you work it

    ReplyDelete