Tuesday, December 30, 2008

What happens when you go to Confession....


Then He said to his disciples:
“There was a man who had two sons.
The younger one said to his father,
“Father, let me have the share of the inheritance that will come to me.”
So the father divided his property between them.
A few days later, the younger son got together everything he had
and left for a distant country
where he squandered his money on a life of corruption.
“When he had spent it all, that country experienced a severe famine,
and now he began to feel the pinch;
so he hired himself out to one of the local inhabitants
who put him on his farm to feed the pigs.
And he would willingly have filled himself with the husks
the pigs were eating on
but no would let him have them.
Then he came to his senses and said,
“How many of my father’s hired men have all the food they want and more,
but here I am dying of hunger.
I will leave this place and go to my Father and say:
“Father, I have sinned against Heaven and against you;
I no longer deserve to be called your son;
Treat me as one of your hired servants.”
So he left that place and went back to His Father.
While he was still a long way off, His Father caught site of him
and was moved with pity.
He ran to the boy, embraced him in his arms and kissed him.
Then his son said, “Father, I have sinned against Heaven and against you…
I no longer deserve to be called your son.”
But the Father said to his servants,
“Quick! Bring out the best robe and put it on him;
put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet.
Bring the calf we have been fattening, and kill it;
we will celebrate by having a feast.
Because this son of mine was lost and now is found,”
And they began to celebrate.
From the Holy Gospel According to St. Luke 15:11-23

Your Heavenly Father loves you no matter what you have
done in your past.... don't keep Him waiting!!!

1 comment:

  1. I wrote a song about the sacrament of confession after I heard a Franciscan Friar of the Renewal describe it as "whispering into the ear of God"
    http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6117797

    ReplyDelete