Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Letting go and letting GOD...


"But I really really need to understand how I can let go and let God. Nothing seems more important to me right now."


I am going to try to explain this to you as simply as possible. I believe you have truly forgotten WHO you are and you need to get this back. I personally believe this is why God is allowing this to happen to you.


When we are an infant, just out of the womb, we are fragile, naked, small, weak and helpless. We need to surrender to the love of another and allow them to love us.


Can you imagine an infant saying "I can do it on my own" without the care of the Mother and Father? Sometimes we forget this in life and so God ALLOWS us to hit brick walls... where we literally can do nothing... where we are helpless, weak, fragile and small again.


The world tells us that we need to "grow up", to provide, to do it "all", to control the situation... and that leaves little room for us to rely and trust upon God and those He places in our life for a reason and thus allow Him to direct our lives. Maybe this is why God is allowing this to happen, so that you can totally surrender yourself to Him and allow Him to provide for you and your family.


You can't surrender and let go if you are in control... even if we are holding on to a thin line. And believe me... you are still in control even if you are holding on to a very thin line... it is called fishing.


I remember back in my past, so many walls that I hit over and over and over again... and it seemed to get more and more difficult. I finally gave up and said "I can't do this anymore." It was then that God spoke in my heart and said, "Good... now we can begin." This brings us literally back to reality... we cannot do it anymore... in fact, we can do nothing without Him.


This is when we really have to open up and TRUST that God is Our Father and that He desires to direct our lives, if we will allow Him to.... to completely let go and put God Our Father, as it were, in the "driver's seat" and we literally need to take the passenger seat.


I used to think that I could do it all and I tried and failed miserably. I then began to doubt that could do anything at all. It was then that God picked me off the ground with His spatula (I don't think there was much of me left to truly pick up) and said, "From now on it is just you and I".


I had to come to the realization... Do I REALLY believe God can do anything? Do I really believe He is My Father? And do I really believe I am His child? From this moment on I HAD to relly upon Him in prayer... to direct me as He wanted to... to totally and unconditionally surrender myself into His care... whatever, however, and whenever He wanted. This path is not easy and I really believe God is calling you to this path as His child.


I think so often of that passage in Scripture from Luke's account of the Gospel where Jesus is teaching by the lakeshore. "When He had finished speaking He said to Simon, 'Put out into the deep and pay out your nets for a catch.' Simon replied, 'Master, we labored hard all night and caught nothing, but at Thy Word I will let down the net.' And when they had done this, the enclosed a very great multitude of fishes and their net broke..." (5:4-6)


It is not easy to let go and let God, but when we really do, we can have peace knowing that it is He who is directing our lives and not ourselves.


I do not know specifically why God is allowing this to happen to you, but I do know that He is allowing it to happen for a reason. He loves you and will care for you. He knows what you need before you even ask. He also knows what is best for you, even if it is difficult to see. You are His child.


I would HIGHLY recommend that you watch the movie "Regarding Henry" with Harrison Ford as soon as possible.Even if you have seen it before, you NEED to see it again. Right now if you can. The very first frame of the movie you will see a courtroom with large sign saying "IN GOD WE TRUST". Henry didn't understand this... he had to literally lose everything before he could discover who he truly is and allow himself to totally surrender all into the hands of God who loves him.

No comments:

Post a Comment