Thursday, June 16, 2016
My life goes up and down.... holes in it... and then lifted up by His grace and Mercy. Strengthening my branches with the Blood and Water flowing from His sacred side and nourished by His Body and Blood and the Kingdom of His Light. His rays shining through my leaves of memories transfiguring the darkness into life. His fruits seeking to blossom and bud forth in my life. I am His gnarly tree.
Saturday, June 4, 2016
I wanted to share with you a major event that happened when I was serving in North Dakota on an Native American Reservation. I was called to the emergency room of the local hospital where I witnessed a man dying. He was a Native American and I had never noticed him before in our church so I figured he would get angry and ask me to leave or just be kind of lukewarm towards me as many were before when they had left the church for whatever reason. Anyway, this did not happen. He looked at me with tenderness with eyes watering and asked if he could receive the Sacrament of Confession. I had everyone leave and he promptly went. I physically felt the presence of God's Mercy in his room. After giving him Anointing of the Sick and Holy Communion, he passed away. I wondered why God's Mercy was so present with him and I figured he must have prayed the Rosary or had some other devotion where Our Lord was fulfilling a promise of that devotion, but I really wanted to find out why God's Mercy was so pronounced with him at his last hour of life so I began asking his family if he prayed the rosary or prayed at all. They all replied that he didn't and never really cared about prayer or his life with God as he had left the church at an early age. I then asked if he had ever gone to Catholic school when he was little. His mother replied, "Yes, he did." I then asked if they had Mass each week and was it ever held on Friday? Again, she replied yes. I then realized that he must have fulfilled the promises of the First Friday of the Month dedicated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and that Our Lord had fulfilled His Promise to this man. The Promises of the Sacred Heart are powerful because God is faithful to His Promises to us as His children.... Please spread the First Friday devotions to your family members that are not faithful or who left the Catholic Church...
12 Promises of the Sacred Heart of Jesus to St. Margaret Mary....
1) I will give them all the graces necessary in their state in life.
2) I will give peace in their families and will unite families that are divided.
3) I will console them in all their troubles.
4) I will be their refuge during life and above all in death.
5) I will bestow the blessings of Heaven in all their undertakings.
6) Sinners shall find in my Heart the source and infinite ocean of mercy.
7) Tepid souls shall become fervent.
8) Fervent souls shall rise quickly to great perfection.
9) I will bless those places wherein the image of My Heart shall be exposed and honored and will imprint My love on the hearts of those who wear this image on their person. I will also destroy in them all disordered movements.
10) I will give to priests who are animated by a tender devotion to My Divine Heart the gift of touching the most hardened hearts.
11) Those who promote this devotion shall have their names written in My Heart, never to be effaced.
12) I promise you in the excessive mercy of My Heart that my all-powerful love will grant to all those who receive Holy Communion on the First Friday in nine consecutive months, the grace of final repentance: they will not die in my disgrace, nor without receiving their sacraments. My Divine Heart shall be their safe refuge in this last moment.